Monday, February 1, 2010

heartbeat...

We had our first prenatal appointment today. Its funny...ever since I got 4 positive tests in a row and scheduled my appointment, I've been counting down the days until the ultrasound. Suddenly today, I found myself more nervous than excited. Last summer we found out our little guy had become an angel at our first ultrasound, when they couldn't locate a heartbeat. Seeing that baby blob and the flicker of its little heart was such reassurance for us. The odds of miscarriage have been reduced drastically. All the way to work today (in between forced bites of toast to keep me from getting sick...ugh), I'd tear up at the thought of seeing that heartbeat (stupid hormones). Cooter saw it before me and when I looked up, I couldn't quit smiling. I've already looked at the pictures like 10 times since we've been home! Lol... We had such a wonderful experience at the doctor's office too...I'm very pleased with the new practice!

The stats...
The ultrasound tech measured the baby to be 6 weeks 5 days, which is about 2 days earlier than I estimated. Based on my dates, I calculated a September 21 due date, but the nurse gave me an estimated due date of September 19. The baby's heart was beating at a good 116 beats per minute, which is on target for its measurements.

We are beaming right now. There are not words to describe how thankful and blessed we feel to have been given such an amazing gift and to know we've made it this far. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we journey through the first trimester. My next appointment is March 1st. I'll be almost 11 weeks then.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Congratulations!!! Will you be finding out the gender? I'm predicting a boy, though I have no basis for this prediction. =)