Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pampered Chef National Conference 2010...and some aha's in life...

Two posts in a month...WOW!

I don't know if it is my motivating return from Pampered Chef's National Conference or just changes in life finally settling in...but I suddenly felt a warm feeling inside me, feeling blessed with the people I have in my life right now, and proud of the way we are living life.

You saying hmmmmm yet?!? So I was sitting here this morning lurking on facebook, looking at old friend's photos, etc. instead of cleaning my bathroom. We're all guilty of such distractions...don't lie! I think most of us have a group of friends from our past that weren't always the best company for you. You may or may not still touch base with them from time to time. Maybe you partied a little too hard for a while, or found yourself living a whole new life with these people. Catching up with such friends or looking through pics lets you relive that life vicariously for a few minutes. Maybe you miss that old lifestyle, maybe you don't... I certainly don't. I am proud of the turns I have taken the past few years in life, so thankful for the people I have come to know, and the decisions I have made. The photos and the people will remain anonymous... My point is, I don't miss the life I HAD...I embrace the one I HAVE.

Off of my soapbox now... So, I just got back from Chicago! I absolutely loved it there...I was quite impressed! I had a wonderful opportunity to travel with my team to attend Pampered Chef's National Conference. This was a huge step for me. Traveling to a new city with people I hardly knew (minus Jen), but I am SO glad I went! I learned new ideas for cooking shows, strategies for working with customers, and wonderful ways to share the business with others. Most of all, I brought back self-confidence. I came home more motivated than ever and believing in myself. I watched fellow teammates and my executive director Jen walk across the stage in front of thousands of people for their accomplishments over the past year. I can't wait to be on that stage! When we made the decision for me to resign from teaching for a while, Pampered Chef became more than just something on the side. Its my full time job now...and I love it! I realized as well, that its not about the money either...although my latest WHY is to make the suburban payment every month (how cool would that be?!?). It is all about believing in myself. I don't know how, but I've been lucky enough to be recognized the last 3 team meetings for my sales accomplishments (which, in my opinion have not been great lately...). That's SO motivating though...and I can and WILL do better! =)

A great friend told me the other night...surround yourself with positive people and positive experiences. Life is all about being told NO and how you deal with it...but that just makes the YES soooo much better!

No comments: