Thursday, June 9, 2011

last pregnancy post

Well...its finally time!  Tomorrow morning our lives will forever change with the birth of our son, Tyler.  We have waited 2 long years for this day to arrive.  Its almost 2 years to the day that I found out that I was pregnant with our first angel back in 2009.  Who knew the journey God would send us on from that point?!?  We are such stronger, faithful people because of it.  I break down into tears all the time thanking God over and over for each day this baby has grown and thrived.  I cannot fathom the flood of feelings and gratitude I will feel tomorrow.  Hearing his cry for the first time, looking into his eyes, feeling his tiny fingers wrap around mine...

A flawless pregnancy comes to an end with our scheduled c-section tomorrow morning at 7:30am.  Baby Ty remains breech following 3 unsuccessful attempts to turn him otherwise.  His position was confirmed at my appointment on Tuesday, and since no changes had been made, we were given the go ahead to schedule my pre-op and make plans for Friday.  Its so surreal knowing that your baby is coming that day.  Although I've never been induced, even though you know what day you will go to the hospital, there's no guarantee you will have your baby that day.  Its so weird knowing that by the time most of our friends and family get to work, we'll be holding a baby in our arms.  I get more anxious about it everyday, but it still hasn't fully sunk in.  It probably won't until I'm walking myself through those hospital doors.
38 week belly
 hadn't given everyone a front shot in a while...so here's one last time
Last weekly belly shot taken at 38 weeks.  I won't get to use my 40wk sticker...and I will be 1 day shy of 39 weeks at delivery.  I will take one right before we leave tomorrow to document the belly one last time.  As uncomfortable as it can be now, I sure am going to miss it.  As much as I want him out, I want to keep him in.  Just a short few months were all mine...feeling him wiggle and move about as no one else in the world can.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy.  I stated months ago that I didn't  LOVE being pregnant like some women, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

My anxiety got the best of my blood pressure this week.  The past two weeks it was slightly elevated compared to my norm around 128/80.  This time I was all over the place...139/88 and 148/88.  So I had to lay down while I waited for the doctor.  She checked again and I was 136/84...better, but still pretty high for me, so I had to lay back down on my left side and rest.  That did the trick...within 30 minutes it was back down to 114/80, so I got to go home!  Its really hard not to feel anxious when you are working with a deadline!  I was told to lay down on my side as much as possible to keep my blood pressure down.  So I spent the afternoon Tuesday running errands...LOL.  I want to clean the house, do laundry, wash sheets, etc. at the last minute today so everything is clean and ready to go.  I KNOW I will not feel like doing anything but hold my baby boy when I get home.

Our house has experienced a baby explosion...and I can only imagine it will get worse from here on out! Ty's room is all done...officially done this time.  After each shower I would spend days getting everything put exactly where I wanted it, exactly where I believed it would function the greatest.  Nesting at its best!  So here's the final pics of his room and other places baby necessities have settled amongst our house.
glider, crib and bookshelf
 chest
 window and toy basket I made 
 changing table/dresser
 laundry basket
 bookshelf
 master bedroom...Johnson family bassinet (Cooter's mom's family) and pack-n-play with changing table stocked and ready to go!
 living room now houses the swing and activity gym...
 ...and bouncy seat!
 another bassinet in the living room
 stroller stuck in the hallway until it makes it to the car, and the jumperoo temporarily in the dining room until he is big enough to play in it!

Dare I say...I think we're ready!  Next post will have pics of our sweet baby Ty!  Patience though...I will blog as soon as I can once we're home again.  And I'm sure I will have to sort through a few thousand pics before I can decide what to post!  SO excited!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It was while waiting to be discharged after having Abigail when I went to massage my belly (like most pregnant woman do) and that is when it hit me that Abigail was no longer only mine!!! Tomorrow will be the most amazing day of yours and Cooter's lives, take tons of pictures, and try to remember it all (it really does go by fast!!!) Much love to all of y'all!!!