Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ty's visit with his Great Gram

As promised, I have pictures from Ty's visit with his Great Gram earlier this month.  With the passing of my Papa when I was 13wks pregnant, and Mimi when Ty was almost 6 months old, I realized how precious our time is with the ones we love.  Ty now has two great grandmothers left.  We try to make sure he sees them as often as possible.  Cooter's Granny lives just 30 minutes away from us, so we fortunately get to see her often.  Gram has rarely had the opportunity to be with the babies without lots of other family members stealing attention and trying to love on them.  She got to spend 3 nights at mom and dad's.  Ty and I came and stayed for a few days so Gram could have some uninterrupted baby love.  Ty and Addi are so fun together now.  They play together (kind of) and have the most fun drinking out of each other's sippy cups and trading pacifiers.  Every time we're together I'm reminded how fast the two of them are growing.

This is my piano that I have yet to move to my own house.  It was originally my aunt's, who gave it to me in high school.  I used to love playing it when I was little.  I love that my son loves it too!





Hanging with Gram



 he has HER cup
 now they have their own cups
 trying to give Addi her paci

Gram wanted to take some generational pictures.  Four generations!  Unfortunately we waited until both babies were almost ready for bed and way too fussy for pictures.  Ty wasn't supposed to be in this first pic...he just saw an opportunity to play on the stairs.



 WAY too tired for pictures!
 Addison and CiCi


 Gram and the babies.  She looks so proud.  Warms my heart...
31 years ago she held babies just like this...my cousin Zac and I were exactly the same age apart as Ty and Addi.


 Pop and the babies
 Ty was slowly losing his patience.
and...he's done.
 Pop and Addison

Ty somehow always cons Pop and CiCi into taking him to see the fish.
 trying to convince Pop to open the top so he can feed the fish

Family time is unmeasurable.  I will forever cherish these memories.

No comments: