Thursday, May 30, 2013

6 weeks to go!

The countdown is officially on!  Only SIX weeks to go until we meet our little Miss Ellie!  Part of me is still completely overwhelmed by the idea of being responsible for TWO kids (seriously, somedays I feel accomplished by the fact that I have managed to take care of the one I have!) and all that entails.  The other part of me is SO over this pregnant thing.  I hate to say that, especially because this is probably the last baby in the Maxwell house, but it is what it is.  I have reached levels of uncomfortable that I never knew with Ty.  He was a busy little man in the womb, but busy does not even come close to describing this one.  Morning, night, all afternoon...she is on the move!  Unfortunately, she has chosen to stay transverse across the bottom of my uterus, so all of this sweet endearing movements have actually become painful at times as she uses my hips as a kick board and punching bag.  Love taps, I know.  I'm just ready to see those arms and legs flailing about on the outside now!  I'm still carrying her all out front, even more so than Ty I think.  Since she is still sideways and probably over 4lbs now, I'm feeling a lot of round ligament pain and stretching in my sides.  Saturday was probably the worse pain I'd felt yet.  It actually made me a little nervous that she was thinking of making an early debut based on a few happenings that morning.  The pain in my back was most intense, but it lasted all day, not off and on like contractions.  Her movements were so uncomfortable about 5am that I ended up in the recliner trying to sleep.  She was extremely active that morning and when she settled down for her morning sleep (that's when she sleeps the best/longest), her positioning felt weird.  Between the back pain and pressure down low, I started telling Cooter that I thought she was going to fall out.  She was pressing so hard on my incision area that it physically hurt to stand or walk.  I was rocking the waddle though!  I went to bed that night and gave in to taking some Tylenol to help me sleep since I hadn't hardly slept the night before.  By the time I got up for my first bathroom break of the night, I already felt better.  By morning I was back to normal.  My best guess was that she was possibly pressing on my kidneys and that was causing the back pain.  Once I laid down for the night, she went off on her late night exercise routine and moved herself into a better spot...thank goodness!

My last appointment was a little over a week ago.  Quick visit, and everything looked good.  I gained 3 more pounds, which puts me up to a 19lb weight gain now.  My blood pressure was a little high for me 138/84, and I did have a bit of swelling the weekend before my appointment, but the doctor didn't seem worried since I hadn't created a pattern yet.  I swelled up a little bit this past weekend too, but in 90 degree humidity, who wouldn't?!?  I'm still wearing my rings, although about midway through the day, I can't take them off.  My belly measured back on target this last week too.  Baby girls heart rate was in the 140's, which is where is seems to have settled this last trimester.

Funny story from my appointment...  It was just Ty and I last week.  He sits in his stroller while I'm on the table.  The nurse brought the doppler over to listen to Ellie's heartbeat and as soon as she found it swishing away Ty smiled and started giggling.  Then I started giggling, which makes my belly move like Santa Claus.  From the embarrassment I started laughing more, and the poor nurse had to keep repositioning the doppler to get a recount.  She was laughing with us so at least I didn't make anyone mad.  I ended up having to stare at the ceiling until she got a good count.  Well the next morning Ty brings me one of his toys with a microphone on it.  He lifted up his shirt and started rubbing the microphone on his belly.  I asked him if he was listening for his baby (since he tells everyone that Ellie is in HIS belly) and he told me yes.  Made my heart melt.  He's been listening to his sister's heartbeat for months now, plus we go every 2 weeks, so he's been paying very close attention!

Ty is doing very well these days.  He is getting to be so big.  He talks like crazy now and is just a little boy through and through.  Today while I was working on some Pampered Chef orders he brought over his broom, moved the rug from in front of the door and swept the entry way for me.  Little things like that just crack me up.  He now goes down for naps in his bed and stays in his bed until he wakes up.  I had to prepare both of us for the fact that I can't carry him for a good month or so after I have my c-section.  Makes me sad to see him adapting so well and acting like a big boy.  We started reading big brother stories and I ask him questions about his sister.  Even though he can tell me all about her, down to the fact that she will drink milk, I still don't think he fully grasps what's about to go down in his little world!  More details on Ty when I do his 2 year update.  I promise pictures from his party and stats from his 2 year check-up.

Next doctor's appointment for me is Tuesday.  Only one more 2 week visit and then we're on to weekly appointments until she gets here.  That's only 4-5 more doctor visits...unreal.

No comments: