Thursday, June 6, 2013

quick update...34 weeks

I'm getting ready for Ty's birthday party while he naps, so here's a quick update on baby girl.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and all was pretty routine.  I only gained a pound in the last two weeks (and I've been eating ice cream or having a chocolate milk almost every night before bed), but I attribute most of that to the fact that I have to eat very little at meal time and am almost never hungry for snacks throughout the day anymore.  Just no room left in my belly for food!  My blood pressure was back down to 112/78, so no worries about the elevated BP last visit.  I'm measuring right on target as well.  This time my doctor pushed around on my belly to get a feeling of where the baby is.  This little girl is SO low that when she grabbed the underside of my belly, I gasped in pain.  I already feel like I'm stretched to the max down there, much less the added pressure of pushing!  Seriously, after a busy day, I tell Cooter that I think she might fall out!  I mentioned to the doctor that I thought she was still transverse across my belly, although I know she moves and curls up in different positions.  I have felt hiccups way down on my lady parts when she curls downward and way up high over my belly button when she curls upward.  The day before my appointment I felt a LOT of movement...not just kicks and jabs, but rolling and wiggling for a loooong time.  To my surprise the doctor told me she was fairly certain baby was breech.  No big deal as I'm having a scheduled c-section anyway, but just kind of ironic that I've carried both kids the same way when most babies are head down.  She said Ellie's getting herself ready moving herself up and down.  I told her I feel a lot of pressure in my right hip and down low and she also confirmed that baby is very low in my belly now.  I'm still not convinced that she stays breech all the time, but I can tell she is that way now.  I mostly get kicks and stretches in my right hip...literally, on the bone and it is very uncomfortable.  When she stretches out a huge knot appears on top (her head) and I get intense pressure down low and in my hip (her feet).  At times while she's stretching, her foot slips off my hip and goes shooting toward the side of my body.  Really freaky looking!  I've been saying this for a long time now, but this baby girl is SO active!  At any given time that I chill out and slow down, you can visibly see her moving around from the outside (unless its during her great morning sleep).  Cooter and I have a strange suspicion that she isn't going to wait until July 12, even though that date is 6 days early.  Guess only time will tell.  Back in 2 weeks and from there we'll go every week until she's here!  I have a pelvic exam next week to do the Group B strep test and check for dilation and effacing.  I did none of the above with Ty, did not progress even a little bit.  I'll be curious to see how things are going over the next couple of weeks!

34 weeks...36 days to go!

Until then, I have her nursery as finished as it can be.  Just waiting on Cooter to hang a mirror for me.  Clothes are sorted and organized according to size.  Big thanks to Jeremy and Nicole for letting me borrow a huge loot of Addison's things.  Thanks to them, I have a ginormous supply of newborn and 3 month clothes (hope this baby girl is little!), and I no longer need receiving blankets, bibs, or burp cloths because they had so many!  Waiting until after my shower for the last few staples.  I got her bedding washed and set up.  Yesterday I finished cleaning out her closet and put together the swing and bouncy seat.  A couple days ago Ty and I put the double jogging stroller together and even made a trip around the living room.  He even got his toy hammer and banged on the swing while I got it working!  We set up the rock n play (where she'll sleep at night in our room as long as she's nursing round the clock) and the pack n play changing table in our bedroom.  I even installed the infant carseat base.  I have 36 days until my c-section, but have this overwhelming urge to make sure things are ready!  I'm most stressed about Ty's whereabouts during the whole ordeal and packing a messy toddler to be away from home up to 5 days.  We have more than enough help with childcare...unless she comes unannounced or in the middle of the night.  With no parents within an hour's drive (or more if its rush hour), we're trying to figure out where he'll go until someone can get him.  I'm sure it will all work itself out!
my little helper in our new stroller

Back to my party planning!

2 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

We're due on the same day! I'm being induced a little early.... we have everything ready to go, and sounds like you're experiencing some of the same pains... I'm so ready for the next 5 weeks to go by and for Adalyn to arrive! I'm sure you're ready to meet your little one too!

The Maxwell Family said...

I'm a little nervous going from one to two, but everyone has assured me that its an easier transition than the first time around! I'm actually not due till the 18th, but my c-section is scheduled for the 12th. Can't wait to meet her! Hope your next 5 weeks goes by fast!