Wednesday, October 20, 2010

going up...

Well, its been a week of worries, wows and wazoos! Ok, I don't know what a wazoo is, but it sounded fun. Nothing big to worry about...its just always a part of me. It always will be until I have a baby in my arms! Despite the worries, lots of wows to share. So last report I found out that my levels had been climbing nicely so far. I went back last Wednesday for my usual blood draw and war wound, wait for a phone call with results. That day at lunch, I almost choked on my chicken...my levels went from 280 on Monday to 784 on Wednesday! WOW! If you remember, hormone levels should double every 30-48 hours in the first several weeks of pregnancy. Mine were just shy of tripling in 48 hours! Super pumped! So, my appointment Friday was bypassed, seeing as I had already almost reached Friday's expected count and an ultrasound is tentatively scheduled for next Friday. I returned Monday for the same thing. My counts as of Monday were 3,443! I know that seems high, but if you double my numbers every 48 hours, that is right on target. I am on the higher side of the spectrum, but it is a very wide spectrum. My ultrasound is moved up to tomorrow (Thursday). So anxious! I am not nervous as I've been with all previous prenatal ultrasounds. We found out during the first ultrasound that we lost the first baby last July, then the second ultrasound showed we lost the second baby back in March. If anything, I know that the baby is doing well so far based on my hormone levels. I actually like having so many appointments. It really gives me peace of mind knowing every couple of days that the baby is okay. We will hopefully find out tomorrow if there is one baby or two. I'm excited to find that out. I'm still a bit worried that its very early for an ultrasound, but I have to remind myself that my doctors and nurses have gotten me this far, and I need to trust them. I have no idea how to calculate my pregnancy either. Most estimated due dates are calculated based on your last period. If I consider that, then I am only 5 weeks today. My injections caused me to ovulate a week early so if we go from that point in time, I am closer to 6 weeks. Measuring the baby during an early ultrasound can also give me and estimated due date. So much to find out! I counted ahead...if we can make it past Thanksgiving, then I will have past the point that we lost the last baby. Thanksgiving doesn't seem so far away when I think of it that way. Praying every chance we get that this baby is growing and thriving. Updates from the ultrasound soon...

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update! I am glad that your hormonal levels are so steadily rising.