Thursday, February 21, 2013

anatomy scan scheduled!

Well, Texas Children's called with my referral to schedule our anatomy scan.  I was oh so hoping for an appointment next week, but the soonest they could get me in was March 7.  So, 14 days and counting...  Yeah, yeah, its only one week later, but I am becoming ridiculously anxious to know what this sweet little thing is.  I'm tired of saying "it" and referring to "the baby."  Not that we have any names picked out yet, but him or her sure would sound nice.  By the way, we seriously have no names picked out yet.  We really don't discuss much baby stuff the first trimester due to our past history, and the one time we started to talk about it, Cooter pretty much vetoed every name I threw out there.  Since then we agreed to disagree and wait until we knew if it was a boy or girl and narrow down from there.  I've been making a list on my phone ever since...

This baby is on the move every day and getting stronger!  I don't have to be sitting still to feel it move anymore.  I love that feeling.  In the evenings I get kicks hard enough that I reach down to see if I can feel it on the outside yet.  Although sometimes I'm in denial that its just my own pulse in my fingertips, I'm pretty sure I felt a kick last night.  Cooter was already sleeping, so hopefully I can coax the little one into a few tricks tonight.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I haven't been sick or at all nauseous in a good solid week.  Feeling much better overall, just still a little tired all day long, but nothing that will keep me down.  I'm so glad this pregnancy is becoming enjoyable!

No comments: