Tuesday, June 25, 2013

No news

I started my weekly appointments last week, but between not having much to share and being busy, I never made it to the blog to update.

We went back to the doctor today.  I am 17 days away from my scheduled c-section.  Despite what Cooter and I think (as well as all of the other comments I receive as I'm out and about these days), little girl has made no progress toward arriving early.  She has dropped and I'm carrying her way lower than I ever carried  Ty, but my cervix is still high and closed.

I want her to make it to July 12 for simplicity's sake.  Being on a schedule suits me best (LOL), and having Ty in tow this time around, it would be SO much easier to have everyone there when we need them.  I also want her to cook as long as possible too.  Ty was jaundice being delivered at 38w6d, and Ellie will be delivered at 39w1d.  Hoping for an easier hospital stay and for us to be discharged on the same day this time around!  Just over 2 weeks...unbelievable!

I've started swelling, which I never really dealt with last time either.  Since this little girl has put on any weight, I've had circulation issues.  My veins are bigger and darker and hurt more often.  My hands go numb all throughout the day and I really believe I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel.  It hurts to grip a pen or pour milk into a sippy cup, especially when my joints are tight in the morning.  My wedding rings officially came off two weeks ago, when I almost got them stuck again.  The heat has gotten to me too.  I can just be sitting outside and my hands and feet swell up.  My mom looked down the other night and I had cankles!  Luckily, by the time I get to the doctor on Tuesdays, the weekend swelling is a little better and my blood pressure has remained good (119/78 today), so no worries for now!

I suppose no news is good news...doctor said see you next week!

For now, I'm nesting bad.  I've received several gifts in the last couple of weekends and am finally getting around to finishing up her room.  Its so funny how the urgency isn't there like it was the first time around.  I think I had Ty's nursery done months before he arrived.  I'm starting to panic a little knowing there's just 2 weeks left as of Friday.  IWe got everything hung on the wall Sunday and I reorganized her closet again.  Washed clothes, socks, towels, washcloths, burp cloths, blankets and bibs yesterday. Also sterilized a couple bottles and pacifiers too.  Just need to get a changing pad so I can finish her dresser, clean up, dust and vacuum and everything is ready!

Maybe I'll have more exciting updates next week.  If not...we'll meet her in 17 days or less!

No comments: